Wednesday 3 June 2015

A "quiet" days fishing! Tench and Bream.

So I went fishing on an early springs day to Barnwell lake in Cambridge. Cold easterly winds were not ideal but better than sitting in front of the TV right? The lake has Tench, Bream, a few Carp and some Crucians. I’m told most of the Crucians are crossbreeds but there are some true ones. The lake happens to be next door to the Cambridge United football ground and it was a home game day. Not the quiet days fishing I was hoping for!



Well unfortunately not much was feeding and all I caught were a Bream and a hard fighting Tench.Cold easterly winds were far from ideal! But there were a few other anglers and they didn’t catch anything. So I won’t be too hard on myself! The fish fell to a small inline groundbait method feeder with 8mm boilies on the hair rig. This is a method i use every venue I go to as it catches me lots of fish when they are hard to catch on the float.




No comments:

Post a Comment