Wednesday 3 June 2015

Early April Crucian fishing.


It had been nearly six months since my last Crucian session and I was gagging to get some fishing in as the worst of the winter weather had now gone. So an early April trip to Hinderclay lakes in Suffolk was in order. This venue holds lots of the bars of gold up to just over 3lb. 



I started off fishing in the margins with my usual pole float set up on the float rod. I also put out my usual inline method feeder with a Krill based groundbait with crushed hemp and sweetcorn. If the lake is not busy I like to drop a couple of handfuls of groundbait in the margins of a few swims to see if I can locate the Crucians before I get too comfortable in any one swim.


I could not buy a bite from anything other than a single skimmer bream on the float! However, my feeder set up did not let me down. I managed to get into the Crucians on the method feeder as well as plenty of Bream. I ended up with 3 Crucians over 2lb. Not massive but nobody else was catching them! I left on a high as everything about the conditions told me it was going to be a hard task!




 This lake has many Crucians over 2lb and is incredible fishing when you get them feeding in your swim. There have been a few captures of fish over the 3lb barrier and this is why I keep going back.




No comments:

Post a Comment