Friday 5 June 2015

My Crucian fishing rigs

Here are my two go to rigs when I am targeting Crucians.

The 1st is my float setup. I like to use a pole float as it is perfect for fishing under the rod tip. The small thin tip of the float does not get blown around in the wind as much as thicker floats and is a very sensitive presentation. I do something different to most when it comes to weighing the float Dow. Gone are the traditional split shot and in comes tungsten putty. I simply pinch on bits of Putty until I get the desired weight. This prevents the line from damage caused by pinching shot onto the line.


The 2nd is my feeder setup. I like to use the small Preston Innovations inline method feeders. For a hooklink I use a short length of uncoated braid. Hook is a size 10-12 wide gape. Bait is an 8mm pop up boilie weighed down with putty or a no 8 split shot. This is a highly effective rig and can out fish the float up to 10 to 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment